Saturday, February 6, 2010

Visit to Kanki Japanese House of Steaks






The timing of the visit and the timing of the post are so far apart due to a difficult schooling schedule, please bare with me readers/followers lol.
On the 18th of February the 2 Guys visited a Japanese steak house in durham on 15-501 where they cook it up in ya face and it was pretty lovely, the dress code was casual so we didn't stand out. We brought along a friend each to enjoy the entertainment & entree with us. The authenticity of the servers being japanese as well as the cook only made me feel like this was more than the average dining experience. Our server for the night was a sweet lady by the name of Trang, she came right out and offered everyone the Ribeye special for only.... $9.99! How can i say no to a deal, get real. Our dates placed their order first, then Kijuan & lastly I(i never know what i want until my hand is forced..smh). Trang quickly brought us our salad and japanese soup, may i say the soup DEFINITELY didn't look like anything I've ever seen before!! But it was very rich and worth the try and branch out from the every day normal american soup. The show our cook put on was pretty solid in my eyes, the fired up onions... tossing the pepper shakers ova da shoulder to the opposite hand for the ->NO LOOK<- catch, the cutting of the shrimp was extra extra smooth, i swear i need that knife set they use out there just incase.

The tapping of the pepper shaker to the spatula while using it was dope(i mad do that on my eggs now!!), popping the shrimp bowls into his hat was a neat trick.. it would've been funnier had he DROPPED one but aye. While there we took note of the birthday appreciation that they have for their guests, different than most restaurants though, they beat a drum and hum rather than singing off key or some wackness like that.

The meal was MORE than hearty and for filing if i may say so myself. It started with the soup & salad given earlier as well as the often topped off drinks (may i add that no one had to ask, the server noticed these things EARLY) Kijuan & I decided to try out the chop stix with sushi for the very first time. The complimentary sauce that came with the meal was a pretty flavorful green sauce and a slightly salty ginger sauce, which was a great compliment to the sushi appetizers we partook of. I don't believe I'll be getting well done beef when I return for a follow up visit, the meat becomes a tad dry but still tasty none the less.
To sum up the visit to Kanki I'd like to say the restaurant is very clean, authentic and I would recommend anyone to visit any location with advanced reservations first. With a 99% sanitation rating and pleasant service from the door to the main floor I must say Kanki Japanese steakhouse deserves 2 thumbs up from me. *kijuan's review still to come*

1 comment:

  1. I think I told u before that I would check out the site, I think its cute wat u gys are doing. lol Mite be more helpful to me, had I lived in Durham. But I have visited Khanki in Raleigh and I must say that it is good to know that their service is the same in both places. I agreed with your post 100%... a lil mad, i didnt get a deal like that when I went lol.

    ReplyDelete